If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, or will be delayed, please call us as soon as possible.
Insurance and Billing
ECNY accepts most major insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid. We will bill your primary insurance and secondary insurance carrier or governmental agency directly. Be sure to bring your most current insurance card and Driver’s License.
For out of network services, an estimate of the amount you will be billed is available upon request.
We are currently in network with the following insurance plans:
- Affinity MCR, MCD, & Exchange
- BCBS Exchange
- BCBS-Healthplus (originally Amerigroup)
- Emblem (GHI, HIP, HIP-Exchange)
- Empire Plan
- NY State Gov't
- Fidelis – MCR, MCD & Exchange
- Health First – MCR, MCD & Exchange
- Local 6 NYHT
- Metroplus –MCR, MCD & Exchange
- Oscar (Magnacare Health Exchange Policy)
- UHC-Compass (UHC Health Exchange Policy)
- UHC Community Plan – MCR & MCD
- United HealthCare (UHC)
About Your Bill
ECNY will make every effort to keep this process as simple as possible. Your procedure will generate several different bills.
- ECNY’s bill covers the use of the facility and all necessary supplies used during your procedure. ECNY will also be submitting a claim for anesthesia services provided.
- You will receive a separate bill from your physician.
- Laboratory/Pathology services that may be used for your procedure will be billed separately.
Our facility works with your doctor’s office to make sure we have accurate insurance information. As a courtesy, we will contact your insurance carrier if there is any question about your eligibility. We will make every attempt to notify you of your financial responsibility ahead of the time of service. If you cannot be reached you will be given the amount at check-in.
ECNY collects all co-pays, deductibles, co-insurances, and non-covered amounts at the time of service. The amount due is calculated on base fees and may be adjusted dependent upon the final outcome of your procedure. You will be billed for all remaining balances. We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
For billing information or questions about your bill, please call (212) 874-3384 ext 518.
Download our forms (PDF format).
- Before Your Procedure
- The Day of Your Procedure
- Informed Consent for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Consent to the Administration of Anesthesia
- Assignment of Benefits, Authorization, and Disclosures
- Patient Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
Click here to download it.
The Endoscopy Center of New York recognizes that many individuals in our community require medically necessary services, but may not have adequate financial resources to pay for these services. The Endoscopy Center of New York has an established Community Outreach Program to provide free screening colonoscopies to patients that do not have any health insurance. To make an appointment, please contact Yami Colon, Community Outreach Coordinator at (212) 897-1006.
Directions & Parking
The Endoscopy Center of New York is located at 201 East 93rd Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10128
The entrance is on the North East Corner of 3rd Ave and 93rd St.
Take the 6 Train to E 96th St, exit near intersection of Lexington Ave and 96th St and head South to 93rd St (Transfer is available from the 4 & 5 Trains at E 86th St and E 42nd St, Grand Central Terminal).
Take the uptown Q (Second Ave) train to E 96th Street, take the Southwest exit on E 94th Street, walk South to E 93rd Street and head towards 3rd Avenue.
Take the BXM1, M101, M102, or M103 to E 92nd St (corner of 3rd Ave). Walk North on 3rd Ave towards E 93rd St.
Parking at discounted rates is available at the following garage:
- The Carnegie Garage (Imperial Parking) located at 200 E 94th St (between 2nd and 3rd Ave)